Friday, June 24, 2016

Man Suprised His Vote Mattered In Brexit EU Referendum

BBC interviewed a man named Adam after Brits voted to leave the European Union and this was what he said:

Man: I’m a bit shocked, you understand. And...

Interviewer: What about?

Man: I'm shocked about both- I’m shocked that we actually have voted to Leave, I didn’t think that was going to happen. My vote, I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to Remain, and the David Cameron resignation has blown me away to be honest. I think the period of uncertainty that we’re going to have for the next couple of months, that’s just been magnified now. So yeah, quite worried.

What worries me is that this could happen here:

Man: I’m a bit shocked, you understand. And...

Interviewer: What about?

Man: I'm shocked about both- I’m shocked that we actually have voted to have Donald Trump as our next president, I didn’t think that was going to happen. My not voting, I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to have Hillary Clinton, and Trump winning has blown me away to be honest. I think the period of uncertainty that we’re going to have for the next four years, that’s just been magnified now. So yeah, quite worried.



(Video of BBC interview here.)


4 comments:

Nic said...

I wonder how many folk they had to interview before they found that regretful voter....but anyway I hope it goes better your side of the pond that it did on ours!

la peregrina said...

You and me both, Nic.

Harriet (the fshlady) said...

It's a scary prospect though - trump!! I'm astounded by what's happening here

la peregrina said...

Harriet- Napoleon Bonaparte supposedly once said, "In politics stupidity is not a handicap."

I concur.