Friday, November 07, 2014

I Am Learning To Sew- Work Area

If you had told me a year ago that I would be turning a section of my basement into a sewing center I would have laughed out loud.  Now look what I have:

A sewing table (back wall), a bookcase, a cutting table, and a small dresser.


This 1947 Singer Featherweight 221 is my newest machine. 


The re-purposed table my husband turned into a sewing machine table and the bookcase I build years ago.         



Cutting table with scissors, rotary cutters, and rulers hanging on the wall behind.


Close-up of the racks my husband made for me.  He cut up a brass rod to make the hooks.


The dresser was a gift from a friend and stores my fabric, patterns and larger supplies.  That is my 1960's Kenmore in its carrying case sitting on the ground to the right of the dresser.

And that ends the tour.  I've found that having a dedicated space for my sewing makes the experience  more gratifying but I still cannot believe how much fun I am having learning to sew.  Who'd of thought?

1 comment:

G.on.D said...

I love the tour! It's great to see how you're set up. I agree, having it so organized and available encourages.