Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Computers, Cell Phones And Books

Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over everything, except over technology.
-Unknown

Monday my computer was not connecting to the Internet so my husband, who is my tech support, set about fixing it. It should have gone quickly but instead it took most of the day. In the end everything worked more than noticeably faster but the cost was the loss of some photo files. That was really my fault as I have not backed up any photos since, well, almost never. This morning I called my sister and we could not maintain a solid connection and ended up recalling each other several times before giving up and switching to text. Since I am new to the cell phone game, she texted me these two questions: (1) How many bars did I have? Three. (2)Out of how many? No clue but as I stood there staring at the strength of the signal bars on my phone they bounced from two, to four, to two, to three, and back. I'm still not sure what the maximum number of bars are but whatever it is there is nothing I can do about it here at my house as three is about as good as it gets.

I had better luck with a less aether product this week, books. Yesterday the bookcases we ordered arrived and my husband spent an hour putting them together and I spent most of the afternoon unpacking and shelving books. I never realized how solid a wall of books can be; it gives the family room a nice comfy feeling.




No comments: