Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blood Libel

-False charge that Jews use the blood of Christian children in certain religious rituals.

After being missing in action for four days Sarah Palin has finally commented on the Tucson shooting in a presidential speech she uploaded to her Facebook page. The timing of this video is suspect since it is deliberately being released the morning of President Obama's planned speech in Tucson. I am sure this was done in order to deflect attention away from him. Even during a public tragedy sticking it to your political rival is more important to some people than any sincere expression of sympathy.

I think what I disliked the most about the speech is the fact that it is glaring clear that Palin did not write it herself and that whoever did so was trying to get away from that folksy signature style of hers. Using words like apportion, purport, apolitical, discourse, pretext, cordial,and stifle along with phrases like, our Republic’s core values, bittersweet irony, acts of monstrous criminality, sacred charter of liberty, and blood libel, is, in a phrase used by Palin herself, like putting lipstick on a pig.

That phrase, blood libel, is part of this statement,..journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. I find it a very riveting phrase since whoever put it in the speech decided that "blood libel" is equivalent to cause and effect. Blood libel is a highly charged phrase and the use of it in this speech is appalling. Have you no shame Ms. Palin? At long last have you no shame?

I guess not. For awhile there I was actually sympathetic toward her because I thought her silence was due to the fact that she had her own stalker to deal with and that she had finally decided her own safety, and her family's safety, were more important than any political ambitions on her part.  In the end she is nothing but a puppet for the the far right.



Pull the string and I'll wink at you
I'm your puppet
I'll do funny things if you want me to
I'm your puppet

I'm yours, to have and to hold
Darling, you've got full control
Of your puppet

Pull another string and I'll kiss your lips
I'm your puppet
Snap your fingers and I'll turn you some flips
I'm your puppet

Your every wish is my command
All you got to do is wiggle your little hand
I'm your puppet
I'm your puppet

I'm just a toy, just a funny boy
That makes you laugh when you're blue
I'll be wonderful, do just what I'm told
I'll do anything for you
I'm your puppet
I'm your puppet

Just pull them little strings and I'll sing you a song
I'm your puppet
Make me do right, or make me do wrong
I'm your puppet

Treat me good, and I'll do anything
I'm just a puppet, and you hold my string
I'm your puppet

Your walking, talking, kissing, loving puppet
I'm hanging on a string
I'll do anything

Love you 'n' kiss ya
(unintelligible)

No comments: