Monday, March 01, 2010

It's Over

And the always enjoyable giant inflatable beaver.
-Bob Costas during the closing ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Which means I get my life back. I must say I enjoyed watching and that Short Track Speed Skating (AKA Roller Derby on Ice) has become my favorite event. I was there from the opening ceremony, which was great, to the closing ceremony, which was strange. It was like watching the Canadian version of the Hare Krishna (LSD) number from the movie musical Hair.

I was there for the wins, the losses, the upsets, the expected, and the unexpected. I watched skiing, skating, snowboarding, biathlon, luge, and bobsled but not ice hockey or curling, thank God, because that would have left me no time to sleep. As it turns out I am tired enough already. In two more years we get to do it all over again.

No comments: