Monday, September 03, 2007

How I Spent (part of) My Summer Vacation

Happy Labor Day everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful summer. I know, summer is not officially over but school has started, the nights are colder, and Labor Day is here. That's close enough for me.

I've decided to take a break from my break and, as my sister requested, catch you up on what has been happening in my life. I am surprised to report that I did not missing blogging at all while I was gone.

First the good news. Took a couple of trips since the last time I wrote. A week after I stopped blogging my husband and I drove down to Pagosa Springs , Colorado and spent the week with my father-in-law. He built a cabin there back in the 1970's and now that he is retired lives there during summer and early fall. We had a great time hiking the mountains (including the Piedra Trail), playing miniature golf, eating out, and visiting the hot springs.

After we got back home I had a three day rest before I climbed back into my car and drove to Denver. There I picked up my sister and niece and we dove to San Diego to visit our brother and a cousin. Another great time as we visited our relatives and hung out at Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, and Ocean Beach. We also visited Old Town and what I call "The Dr. Seuss Mall" a.k.a. Horton Plaza.

Ok, what I did not expect to happen has happened. It has been so long since I have written anything I am having trouble putting sentences together is any semblance of order. My brain feels like a car engine trying to turn over after spending a year in a cold garage. My writing muscles need more time to warm up so I am going to end this post and give it another try tomorrow.

Grrrrr, this is very frustrating.

No comments: