Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Since birth I have been on a spiritual journey. In the beginning, the path I walk had numerous trails branching out from it and I veered off to walk many of them. Most meandered along not far from the path and then turned back to meet the path again. Some I followed lead nowhere and then disappeared. After floundering in fear, lost and alone, a gentle voice in my subconscious would guide me to one of the trails back toward the path or even directly to the path itself.

As I got older there seemed to be fewer trails that lead away from the path. I'm not sure if the trails are gone or if I just no longer see them. I find that sometimes when I think I am walking on the path I am really walking a trail that parallels it. Unlike the other trails I must make a conscious effort to return to the path. Now as I walk I wonder, did I pick the spiritual path or did it pick me?

No comments: